How do I join a tour?
Ask your Overseas Education Consultant if they are registered with Encap Events Visit University Programme. If so, they will notify us of your interest in attending a tour, and the process of putting you into a group which is right for you begins.
If your consultant is not registered with us, or you do not use an OEC, please email email@example.com with an email stating the Universities you wish to visit as well as your field of study, location, name and contact details. One of the team will then be in touch with you directly.
Why is there a minimum group number?
This is to ensure that we are able to engage the professors and international students of the particular Universities in the right way. With a small group students are better able to tour facilities and get a sense of what it would be like to study in that place. Not all members of the group need to be actively considering study – parents, relatives and friends are welcome too. If you are part of a group, great. If not we may allocate you to a group of prospective students who are also interested in studying at the same universities – so they may be future classmates!
What sort of accommodation is provided?
Accommodation is provided in hotels which meet the strict criteria of the Scottish and English Tourist Boards, normally at 3 star level. Twin rooms are provided, with single rooms available on request (this may be subject to an additional charge). Accommodation is always very clean, safe and centrally located, so all prospective students will have an enjoyable and comfortable week. On some occasions it is even possible to stay in University accommodation.
Which Universities do you visit?
Programmes are planned with the desires of specific groups in mind, so we are able to accommodate requests to visit most Universities, as long as it fits in with the desires of the group on an overall basis. We always ensure that students know precisely which Universities they will visit before they book, just to ensure that you travel around the UK with the group that is right for you. In general terms there are 20 – 30 top universities that most of our students wish to visit, so we are very easily able to accommodate the wishes of the vast majority.
What is the cost of the a tour?
All tours include:
· Accommodation at 3 star hotel on each night
· Campus tours of the highest quality UK Universities
· Presentations at each University from staff
· Panel sessions with current international students
· City tour and evening events
· UK based chaperone to answer any questions student may have whilst in the UK, and to ensure trip around the UK is hassle-free
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner – including traditional veg and non – veg Indian cooking where requested
· Luxury minibus or coach travel within the UK on air-conditioned executive vehicle
· Follow up service to arrange parental or family visits to UK from India during University term or afterwards